Welcome to Cowaramup Brewing Company
Located in a picturesque setting Cowaramup Brewing Company is a family owned microbrewery offering quality handcrafted ales & lagers, and a range of local wines with an excellent menu focusing on local produce.
Cowaramup Brewing Company opened in December 2006. The brewpub is family owned and is located in a picturesque rural setting on North Treeton Road, 4 kms east of Bussell Highway, in the Margaret River region in Western Australia.
The name Cowaramup originates from the Aboriginal word Cowara, which is the native name for the purple crowned lorikeet; this bird is featured on the logo for Cowaramup Brewing Company.
The venue consists of the 8hl brewhouse, bar and restaurant with an excellent menu focusing on local produce, its grounds are family friendly with a kids play area adjacent to the shaded decking and grassed area. Behind the scenes brewery tours are available by appointment and finish with a tasting paddle of beers matched with a selection of food.
The brewery offers a range of hand crafted ales and lagers along with a selection of local wines. The most popular beer is Cowaramup Pilsener – a German style Pilsener, moderately bitter with a crisp refreshing finish. Other beer styles available at the brewery include:
- Cowaramup Hefeweizen – a Bavarian unfiltered wheat beer.
- Cowaramup Lightsign Summer Ale – an easy drinking ale with tropical fruit aroma.
- Cowaramup Reggie Mandarina– a malt driven beer that balances a pleasant malt sweetness with floral Noble hops and restrained bitterness with a decent aroma of tangerine/citrus.
- Cowaramup India Pale Ale – an English style IPA, brewed with Australian ale malt, dry hopped with Bramling Cross. A moderately bitter, strong pale ale.
- Cowaramup Chocolate Porter – a substantial, malty dark ale with complex and flavoursome roast characters.